Self-Directed Online Learning (S-DOL)
The following 30 courses are available on-demand via the contact form.
Each topic is available as a pre-recorded webinar of 60 min available for 30 days after the purchase.
Each course’s access is 30 EUR per person.
Attend to the heart
- We model by attending to our heart
- We build relationships with our learners
- We co-design the learning environment
- We adopt mindfulness practices
- We pause, listen and ask
- We celebrate the learning process
- We encourage
- We use positive and inclusive language
- We are responsive, not reactive
- We invite student’s voice
Exercise the mind
- We model by exercising our mind
- We are learning coaches
- We embrace Universal Design for Learning
- We scaffold and differentiate instruction
- We collaborate
- We support perseverance
- We reflect often
- We provide quality feedback
- We design flexible and authentic assessments
- We engage learners in self and peer assessments
Engage the willpower
- We model by engaging our willpower
- We are student-centered
- We co-create intentional structures
- We spark and sustain curiosity
- We tap into students’ interests, goals, and aspirations
- We offer choices and remain flexible
- We provide rationales
- We inspire pro-social behaviors
- We teach intelligent disobedience
- We are optimistic about the future
An Eye-Opening Experience
The Learning Ecosystems facilitated course was quite an eye-opener to me, it brought to the forefront the issues I took for granted. I have become more confident at protecting the rights of learners and also at growing new and fresh ideas that will change the education landscape in Kenya and in Africa.
A Progressive and Holistic Approach
When I joined the Learning Ecosystems course, I wished more educators from my context took the course. When I completed this course, I wished ALL educators in the world took this course! First attending to the heart, then exercising the mind and finally engaging the will power, this course mirrors progressive co-constructing of a healthy learning ecosystem in such a rewarding way that any educator would enjoy and benefit from. It’s a true gem!
Fanny is such a resourceful instructor, warm, approachable and very professional. Having a scholar approach and demonstrating wittiness, she shows up as very knowledgeable and is respected by all course participants. I am so happy and honored to have worked with her. Her coursework is like a comprehensive rich portfolio of everything that a progressive and holistic educator would ever need. A number of examples, prompts, templates, examples to reflect on, theory-based conceptual frameworks, models, stems, very effective compare and contrast infographics, references, videos, links to outside resources and much much more!
If you are a courageous educator who is all about growth and empowering their students, you are taking this course with the next cohort! Good luck!