Stretch Yourself: A Personalized Journey to Deepen Your Teaching Practice, by Caitlin McLemore and Fanny Passeport.
Stretch Yourself: A Personalized Journey to Deepen Your Teaching Practice, by Caitlin McLemore and Fanny Passeport (240 p.), published by ISTE in January 2019. ISBN: 9781564847485
In Stretch Yourself: A Personalized Journey to Deepen Your Teaching Practice, two award-winning young educators from opposite sides of the globe share their insights to guide teachers, especially those new to the profession, on how to dare to take risks and innovate in their daily teaching practice. Using the metaphor of yoga–with its focus on process and practice–the authors take teachers on a journey of self-reflection and assessment, leading them through three stages: Breathe, Stretch and Meditate. The book covers such topics as developing a sense of self-awareness to achieve excellence and the importance of maintaining balance and persevering in your practice.
This book features:
- The unique look and feel of a journal, with space to write and reflect on ideas as you read.
- A self-assessment quiz so you can evaluate your mindset in terms of technology use and innovation.
- Ideas for using tools available in your “edtech toolbox” to improve your teaching practice.
- Highlights of teachers’ and students’ voices through project examples so you can learn from various perspectives.
- Practical activities aligned to ISTE Standards for Educators and the ISTE Standards for Students.