When we attend to the heart of our learners, we build a safe social and emotional climate that creates a healthy learning environment for all learners to thrive. Students who benefit from such supports, develop trust and rapport with their teacher, experience greater wellness and learn at a deeper and more conceptual level.
Teachers do not need any money to put the practices that attend to the heart of our learners into action. They only need to open their heart, mind, and willpower, and the return on the investment is high because students feel that they belong and that very feeling of relatedness and significance, of being valued and cared for, causes them to want to learn, resulting in students developing their internal drive and eventually, being more likely to be academically successful.
Fanny Passeport is the Founder of No Borders Learning that serves PK-12 schools, educators, and families in co-constructing healthy learning ecosystems that attend to the heart, exercise the mind, and engage the willpower. She is also a postgraduate student at the University of Dundee and has +11 years of experience in PK-12 international schools. Fanny is currently working as an Education Development Officer with the radical innovation unit called ErasmusX (Erasmus University Rotterdam). She is a published author and an award-winning educator.
Our Essential Questions
During this course, we will inquire into various aspects. These are some of the essential questions we will answer together:
- What does it mean to ‘attend to the heart’?
- How do we build relationships and design a safe social and emotional environment?
- How might we develop an interconnected community of caring, empathetic, and compassionate learners?
- What are the 10 practices I can implement right away?
This course is for PK-12 educators who are looking for ways to develop stronger relationships with their students.
During the course, participants will:
- Reconnect aspirations and access their internal sources of efficacy
- Reflect on their beliefs and identity
- Practice and iterate their learning ecosystem designs to include all learners, and release students’ autonomy
- Use self-awareness tools (such as journaling and coaching tools) to deepen their practice and find the internal resourcefulness to continue their learning journey beyond the course(s)
A reflective journal that allows you to continue reflecting. This supports you in developing mindful habits and gaining clarity.
We provide you with additional resources to help you continue deepening your learning beyond the course.
Course Length, Course Access and Data Protection
This course is completely self-paced and might take you between 2 and 6 hours. If you are simply watching the videos and accessing the resources that best interest you, you will be done fast. If you are taking this course as an opportunity to reflect on your practice and implement new strategies, behaviors, and tools, it can be even longer than 6 hours. This is the reason you can access this course for 6 months so that you can go back to the videos and resources and refine your approaches as you experiment.
We delete your data (email) after the course expires (180 days after purchase).
You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of this course.